50 + Seriously good denim refashions

50-seriously-good-ways-to-refashion-your-old-jeans

Very shortly I shall be taking back control of my blog (after a few days in Italy sans kiddo that is!). But before that, I really really really wanted to collate some of our makes for this years series of The Refashioners in one place, for posterity. A one stop shop for jeans refashioning inspiration if you like.  I seriously can’t include everyone’s (there were over 700 posts on Instagram alone!!) So I’ve included a large selection (60) of them here for posterity. Including some that haven’t been shared on here before. (All the rest can be found on the various Pinterest, IG and FB pages). I have a question for you at the bottom of the page too….

Just click on the image to go to the source….

Elisalex - By Hand London Erin - Calivintage Gabby Young - Gabberdashery Heather - Closet Case Files Marila Walker Portia Lawrie - Makery Megan Nielsen Zoe - So Zo... Joost de Cock - Make my Pattern Kate - The Fold Line Rosie Martin - DIY Couture Wendy Ward - MIY Collection Sasha Werner - Secondo Piano Jenna Bennet - Just Sew Jenna Colette Patterns Ingrid - We the Sewing Mirjam Liechti Rachel - House of Pinheiro Beth - Sew DIY Deborah Makes Felix Quentin Carly in Stitches Deepti Sews for Sanity The Secret Costumier Salty Mom Stitchless TV My Petite Sophie Mindy Brown Emma Bajema The Petite Cat Stitch & Cappucino Men Sew Rosa Lemos Rosa Lemos Thumblenina Helen's Closet Selmin - Tweed & Greet Stitch Remedy Morris Sews Messy Essy Makes Trish Stitched Lady Sewalot Falafel & Bee Susan Young Sewing Sewing with Kate Sara Keel Vision of Ashlar Handmade by Carolyn Natasha Sniatowsky The Silk Hills Think Tran Vera Luna Vera Luna Martiarti Linzi Taylor Denim Biker Jacket Vicki Halliday Denim Sandals Fadanista Saskia van Dantzig

So, that was jeans. We did shirts last year. So my question to you is…..what in the hell do we do next year?? Any ideas?? I want your input for The Refashioners 2017. Let me know in the comments what you’d like to see us tackle next. And who knows, that may just be the theme next year!

Back in a few days after some pasta and vino in beautiful Italy!

Big hugs!

1. Su October 23, 2016

Wool?

Hard to imagine anything matching up to this year’s brilliant achievement.

2. Suzan October 23, 2016

Plenty of inspiration here!
    How about “charity shop finds refashioned” with maybe a price limit of £10.

3. Anna October 23, 2016

What about doing t-shirts next year. Challenging fabric and cheap to get hold of.

• Nidgeworth October 24, 2016

I agree with Anna, what about the ‘3-T challenge’?
      Let’s see what all you clever people can make using only three recycled T-shirts

4. Saskia October 23, 2016

Such a great collection. How about a focus on bedding fabrics: pillowcases, bedsheets, woolen blankets etc.

5. Linda October 23, 2016

Refashion a men’s suit coat! Woohoo many possibilities!

• Mary Cordell October 26, 2016

Love this one. Could we include the pants if we have the whole suit?

• Catia October 26, 2016

Love this idea!

6. mensew October 23, 2016

How about those cotton ‘bags for life’ … I’ve ended up with so many of them I’d have to live 100 years to wear them all out! Or curtains…? … I second Saskia’s idea for bedding too. Or scarves…?
    Thrilling to see my make in your ‘top’ picks. I’m really looking forward to throwing myself into the challenge next year!
    Have a great holiday, you deserve it! 👍🙏

7. Trish Stitched October 23, 2016

So many great enteries, it was a wonderful competition you hosted!! Jeans were an awesome theme and definitely made me rethink other items that could be refashioned. I’m just throwing this idea out there, formal dresses, such as prom or wedding. It was so sad seeing them hang in the thrift shop just because they were a little outdated. A lot of dresses have a crazy amount of embellishments and design details to play around with so it could be an adventure!

8. Nicoletta October 23, 2016

Coat refashioning or sweaters

• Alissa October 25, 2016

Coats or sweater refashions would be great. I would omit felting from the contest though.

9. Helen S October 23, 2016

I like the formal dresses idea.

10. Estelle October 23, 2016

Bring on next year!! Suit jackets (the bottoms always go first, loads of people have has random tailored jackets that used to be a suit) or winter coats could be fun… or maybe I m just in a coat-zone right now!!

11. Lynda October 24, 2016

T-shirts!

12. Cathrin October 24, 2016

I really loved this years challenge, but didnt had enough time to participate. So hopefully next year!
    I would suggest vintage leather, from jackets, coats or skirts. It’s so sad to see them hang in charity shops. Plus, mostly they are in good condition & last very Long, when you treat them well.
    Cathrin

13. Andrea October 24, 2016

Formal dresses sounds great!! I’ve got three in my wardrobe waiting for a second life… Such a pity that they are not needed anymore!

14. Lizzie October 24, 2016

A towel!!

15. PsychicSewerKathleen October 24, 2016

Refashioned old tee shirts into dresses? You can do so many creative things with old Tees and there is no shortage of them in every colour and embellishment imaginable 🙂

16. Anna October 24, 2016

summer dresses

17. Linda October 25, 2016

A great refashioning event! Everyone is so clever! I have loved looking at all the entries. I suggest a duvet cover for next year.

18. Marie October 25, 2016

Vintage sheets! They are everywhere! I liberated 3 out of my husband’s dropcloth stash and he got them at a garage sale. I have 2 dresses planned for them.

19. Jane Madge October 26, 2016

I would be interested in refashioning an old suit

20. Tunjay October 26, 2016

Wool or wool mixed coats seem to be in every charity shop. We used to buy coats to last for years but now it’s normal to buy one every year. Maybe the theme could be making something sturdy that will last for years.

21. Anne October 26, 2016

I like the idea of refashioning leather. Second choice formal wear.

22. Alyssa Wesselmann October 31, 2016

I second (or third) the idea of T-shirts! Cheap and easily acessable! My second choice would be pillowcases