The Refashioners 2015 – Round Up & over to YOU!!!

Doesn’t seem like that long ago I was hitting “publish” on the first post in this series; and now here we are! At the end of the blogger element of The Refashioners 2015. August has been crazy behind the scenes here and to be honest I’m feeling a bit pooped. But in a very very happy way. Because man, just look at the inspiring ideas for shirt refashions these awesome ladies have come up with! Such ingenuity and variety here. (You can view each individual post via The Refashioners gallery in the menu bar)…THE REFASHIONERS 2015 - ROUND UP COLLAGE

So how about it? Are you feeling inspired to raid the charity shops or the wardrobes of your menfolk yet? Good. Because we are passing over the #getshirty baton to YOU now; and for the rest of September. And one lucky refashioner stands to win a HUGE prize package of sewing goodies now worth just under £700!!!!

The Refashioners 2015 Awesome Prize Package

NOTE: To clear up some confusion and/or questions. The refashions above are not entered into the community challenge element. They are purely for your inspiration and the prize package is purely for the community challenge element. ie JUST. FOR. YOU. 🙂

How will the final winner of said prize package be chosen? In the first instance we’ll be scouring through your submissions on Instagram and Pinterest (we being myself and the bloggers above) and sharing our favourites here throughout September. Taking into account reader response to those we’ll select a winner after 27th Sept and share that with you here shortly afterwards. And then my friends, The Refashioners 2015 will close it’s doors for another year! (Full prize package deets here. Entry deets here)

But WAIT! Don’t cry yet! (Just me then? Sniff). There is so much to be done between now and then! YOU lot have got so much to share (I know because you’ve already started sharing and it looks AWESOME!). And  I know increasing numbers of you have acquired your shirts and are ready to dive in (keep tagging me on IG peops I love seeing the progress shots too!). So, as a little bonus inspiration treat for you….. I’ll let you into a little secret….We had a secret pinterest board….The Refashioners 2015 - Getting Shirty Pinboard

It goes back to the early part of this year and it’s where myself and some of the other bloggers above pinned inspiration and ideas while WE were trying to work out what to do with OUR shirts. I thought you would likey alot. Since all our refashions are now “out of the bag” I made it “un-secret” so you guys can take a look at some more awesome shirt refashioning inspiration all in one space. Well, apart from here of course…keep coming back here, lol 😉

1. Jane September 3, 2015

Thank you for sharing the secret board but after all that inspiration I’ll have to go back to the charity shops looking for a candidate for Refashion #3!

• portia September 3, 2015

Ha ha! So so sorry Jane, lol!!

2. H September 3, 2015

I’ve loved seeing all of these amazing refashions and wish I could join in myself (That prize pack looks amazing!) but as I am in the middle of moving house my sewing machine is all boxed up. I suppose I will just have to ease the pain by keeping an eye out for every one elses amazing refahions!

• portia September 6, 2015

Ah good luck with that! Hope you get your sewing space set up again as a matter of priority! It will keep you sane!

3. Ksenia September 3, 2015

I’ve never done a refashion, but all this has been so inspiring that I *might* have already raided all the second-hand shops in my city 🙂 I might have also bought more shirts than I need 🙂
    Thank you for sharing that inspiration board too, I kind of want to make half of it!

• portia September 6, 2015

Haha Ksenia! Love it!!

4. Anna International September 3, 2015

So many amazingly beautiful garments (and the quilt is gorgeous), it is so inspiring!

Not really sure why I am entering this myself having only taken up sewing last month (straight lines are still a challenge for me, I’ve never even tried a buttonhole!), but it is motivating me to learn and expand my meagre skills and also making me think about every single bit of fabric I come across, wondering what it could become! 🙂 And I suppose that’s what it’s all about!

Look forward to seeing everyone’s projects on Instagram. x

• portia September 6, 2015

Couldn’t have put it better myself Anna! That’s it exactly!

5. Kat @ House of Lane September 4, 2015

Oooh that pinterest board has so much inspiration! I have already asked my husband to pull out all his old shirts he doesn’t want anymore so I can get refashioning. I actually just did a really simple refashion to wear as part of a costume to a pirate party next weekend. I’ll post a photo when I am dressed up for the party. Probably a bit random for this competition but the idea would work for non costume too I think!

6. Joanne Roberts September 5, 2015

I posted mine onto the board and have enjoyed looking at all the inspiration. Jo x

7. kathryn September 6, 2015

I’ve so enjoyed this series Portia, thanks for organising it all. These ladies are all very talented! I haven’t managed a refashion this time round but it’s still great to get inspiration!

• portia September 8, 2015