Simply Sewing Magazine: Launches Today!!

Well hello all! Thought I’d give you a heads up on a little something I’ve been involved in that I’ve had to keep under wraps until today! You may or may not be aware of a new magazine launching today. If you weren’t, then let me spill!  Simply Sewing Magazine is the sister publication of Mollie Makes, and little ole me has been asked to contribute a regular monthly piece about refashioning! I know!! You can read more about the magazine here. Here’s a peak inside the first issue…

This issue includes two free sewing patterns and apart from my good self features other bloggers like Tilly and Lauren of Guthrie & Ghani. You can keep up to date with Simply Sewing Magazine on facebookInstagram and Twitter. Can’t wait to share some of the projects I have coming up in the next few issues!! Eeep!

Quick question…what sewing publications do you currently read and why those particular publications?

1. diaryofapennypincher February 12, 2015

How exciting, well done you! It looks like a great read too.

• Portia Lawrie February 13, 2015

Thankyou Claire 🙂 Nice to see refashioning getting some column inches!

2. Mary February 12, 2015

Wow-congratulations. I am always impressed when someone shares their jump into commerce from hobby. Well done! The magazine looks fun and friendly for new sewers. What do I read? I read Threads-because I like the techniques they showcase, though some are too crafty for me. I did just use some men’s shirts to refashion into a dress. I also read Vogue Patterns as that line of patterns , plus Butterick, appeal to me.

• Portia Lawrie February 13, 2015

Thanks Mary! Threads seems to be the most referenced mag on the interwebs! Send me a pic of the dress…would love to see it!

3. offsquare February 12, 2015

Fun! A new sewing mag. Looks good!

4. Gingham Ginger February 13, 2015

Wow! Congrats!!!

5. Jennifer L February 16, 2015

Congratulations. Right now the only sewing magazine that I read regularly is SeamWorks. I used to read threads but they have changed over the last few years. I like sewing magazines with in depth articles for intermediate and advanced sewing.

6. Deborah Simms February 17, 2015

Congratulations! I love seeing your refashions, and I love your style. Cant wait to see it in print. I pick up sewing magazines if I’m going on a long journey, and the reason that I buy it, is because it’s in the shop! I know this isn’t the best response, but honestly if a magazine can make sure they are in the shop I will be buying it. So glad sewing magazines are becoming more widely available. Hope this helps!

• portia February 17, 2015

Ah! Thank you Deborah, that’s so kind! It’s interesting hearing about fellow sewer’s reading preference 🙂 Px