Refashioned: Pashminas 3 Ways

In my previous post I mentioned I had completed 4 garments in pursuit of some slouchy tops for Autumn. Inspired by the images in this post. Well, 3 of them are refashioned from simple pashminas!

All 3 involved slightly different approaches to cutting, shaping and finishing. I’ll be sharing details of each one in separate posts next week….which should give you time to grab some pashminas either from your local charity shop (if you don’t already have some lurking that is!). These 3 cost me between 50p – Β£1 each. Bargainous huh?!

1. Meg the Grand September 12, 2013

Oh my goodness!! I love these, and I have so many unloved pashminas in my closet to use πŸ™‚ Beautiful work!

2. soisewedthis September 12, 2013

That’s so clever!!! Now i’m going to have to take another look at pashminas at the store because that fabric would make for a super soft top.

3. flossiejamieson September 12, 2013

Ha! Brilliant! I even own that third pashmina, but I like it very much due to the softness of it and the fact that it is good for summer shawl purpose and for wrapping up warm in autumn/spring on windy days. But I am very excited at the prospect of the tutorials as I have been collating baggy (but smart) tops in my mind due to heading back to work after my looooong maternity leave next week. I need clothes to make me look like a grown up again!

• Miss P September 13, 2013

Oooh me too Flossie! I start work next week now little man is at school!
      Good luck lady!

4. Kat September 12, 2013

I love the variations on a theme! Now I must go shake down my family members for unwanted pashminas.

• Miss P September 13, 2013

Ha ha, “shake down”…love it!

5. Marie September 12, 2013

Who would have thought pashminas had so much potential! Excited to see more detail next week!

6. Montana Blackley September 12, 2013

Very cute!

7. thequirkypeach September 12, 2013

Love these!!! I like the neutral colors and how each one is a little different – can’t wait to see more! πŸ™‚

8. Megan O September 13, 2013

Bargainous indeed! They look fab and I look forward to the tutorial.

9. Felicity from Down Under September 13, 2013

I do love my own pashminas as pashminas but, obviously, I shall now be on the lookout for suitable ones at nearby charity shops. What a brilliant idea! And they all look wonderful.

10. Elena September 13, 2013

These are so cute! I especially love the 2nd one in that gorgeous gold colour. I’m off to hit the charity shops now, and will be awaiting the detail posts with baited breath πŸ™‚

11. EmSewCrazy September 13, 2013

Ooh these look great and so soft and comfy. Looking forward to the details.

12. pandchintz September 14, 2013

You’re so clever – they look great!!

13. Jess September 14, 2013

Thanks to your excellent idea, I refashioned my unloved black pashmina into a lovely soft, slouchy top. I’m now going to go hunting for more!

• Miss P September 14, 2013

That’s fantastic Jess! Yay!

14. opportunityknits September 16, 2013

Love your versions of refashioning a shawl. I have a number of these shawls that I was thinking of refashioning, so I’m really looking forward to your post! My fave is the first one.

15. dounette September 16, 2013

It is such a good idea. I love it and was looking for way to reuse my pashmina. So their are waiting in my dressing for a refashioning. I am waiting for your next posts to have some details.

16. Laura June 18, 2015

Hi Portia! I’ve blogged about scarf recycling into blouses and dresses and and I linked over to this post. Thanks for the tutorials πŸ™‚

• portia June 22, 2015