Inspiration: Directional Stripes…

I’ve been drawn to directional stripes for a while now. They keep subliminally cropping up on my pinterest boards in various guises and I recently had a bit of a play with the idea on my first pass at the Dove Tee pattern. Now I want to play more with stripes! So I thought I’d share some stripe interplay ideas cos well, I thought you might like them too….(and because I’m substituting sewing, for thinking about sewing alot this week. I’m getting minimal sewing actually done.  It being the school hols and having kids to entertain an’ all that! Sigh!)….

Sources: 1,  2,  3,  4,  5,  6,  7,  8,  9,  10,  11,  12,  13,  14,  15,  16,  17,  18

1. Evie Jones August 5, 2013

It’s like an episode of Scooby Doo – “if it wasn’t for those meddlesome kids” we’d actually get some sewing done! Ah well…it’ll soon be September 😉
    Love the stripes. Thanks for sharing.

2. Fabric Tragic August 5, 2013

What a great selection. And I just love that I can scan through a lot of them and think ‘yeah I could make that’ – thanks for the inspiration!

3. Tiffany August 6, 2013

Me Too. I love directional stripes. They are so FUN to work with. I have a chartreuse dress I made a few years ago which has this detail. I wear it all the time and strangers stop me to tell me how much they love it.

4. becstitches August 6, 2013

Love stripes 🙂

5. Claudia August 10, 2013

If you love stripes, have a look at last episode of project runway (Season 12, episode 4 – Tie the knot). Dom made the most beautiful pieced-striped dress. It is simply gorgeous !

Claudia

6. dounette August 30, 2013

Thank you for the inspiation! I love stripes and just sew a refashioned striped top. http://pimprelys.over-blog.com/article-quand-cesar-rencontre-le-fluo-118955078.html . I don’t comment very often because I don’t speak English very well but you have to know I follox your blog and love it!!!