FO: Electric Blue Sorbetto Variation

This is me dressing for the weather I want rather than the weather we have! In fact, as I type this, I’m staring at a grey drizzly morning and wrapped up in a chunky cardi with a warming cup of coffee! (I drink an unhealthy amount of coffee every day!) It’s a variation of the Sorbetto pattern using the same fabric as my Electric Blue Kimono Tee….

Essentially I lengthened the front & back pieces to create a high low scooped hem. It’s a hem treatment I’m growing rather fond of; although this is the most exaggerated incarnation of it so far! (You’ll notice a few examples in this recent inspiration post) The neckline and armholes are finished with self fabric bias using my nifty cheat method…

One problem with this top….despite pre washing the fabric, the kimono tee I made from it has shrunk to unwearable proportions after just 2 washes. So if I want to keep this top wearable, it’s handwash only. Which is a pain in the backside! Ah well! Come on summer! Where the heck are you?!

1. opportunityknits May 20, 2013

Lovely top, I like the curved hems. And thanks for the link to your bias tip – it’s brilliant!

• Miss P May 21, 2013

You’re welcome! Anything that saves hassle!

2. hellozoeb May 20, 2013

Ah this is a great take on the Sorbetto, I love that hem line. I just made a Sorbetto dress so think I should add this one to my to do list 🙂

• Miss P May 21, 2013

I’ve yet to re of the Sorbetto as a base for customisation!
      Your dress looks great!

3. Sabs May 20, 2013

oh my god, i’m working on EXACTLY the same thing today – I have some turquoise fabric left over from my washi dress so have used the sorbetto pattern and done a high/low hem… hope mine turns out as nice as yours!

• Miss P May 21, 2013

Spooky! Would love to see it when it’s done. Glad I’m not alone in the high/low/hem love!

4. sushidog May 20, 2013

Very pretty, and I’m impressed by how smooth your curved hems are; mine always bunch and buckle! What’s your secret?

5. Helen May 20, 2013

This is lovely and the colour really suits you. For once, it seems we have had better weather in Scotland, having had sun for most of today! 🙂

• Miss P May 21, 2013

Ha ha! It comes to something when you have better weather in Scotland, lol!

6. Faye Lewis May 20, 2013

I love it! The color, the design and the fit.

• Miss P May 21, 2013

Aw thanks Faye! Fit is the holy grail of any make!

7. fearsome5 May 22, 2013

I love the hi-lo hem!

8. Beth May 31, 2013

I love the top!!

9. Mónica Fernández May 9, 2015

It´s so cute. I love the shape, the color and the different large…..Very nice.

10. Evelien May 12, 2015

Hi, i just found your blog… And think this sorbetto looks lovely!
    Can i ask which kind of fabric you have used? And how you changed the pattern?

I would like to make one for myself too… 🙂

• portia May 16, 2015

Hi Evelien! Fabric is an unknown thrift store find I’m afraid! Pattern was simply lengthened then the hem shaped into a curve 🙂